Vertical screw conveyors are a practical and space-saving method of transporting items from one level to another. They are primarily found in industrial and commercial environments. Vertical screw conveyors lift goods through a tube using a rotating screw. A motor turns the screw, and the speed of the motor can be adjusted to control the rate at which material is moved. The screw’s smooth surface keeps materials from being jostled when hoisted, and the conveyor’s covered design keeps materials from being exposed outdoors.
Here are some applications for Vertical Screw Conveyors:
- Easy transportation: Vertical Screw Conveyors are designed to efficiently move materials like powders, granules, and flakes.
- Does not Occupy too much Space: Vertical Screw Conveyors take up minimal floor space and can transport materials vertically.
- Easy to Customize: Vertical Screw Conveyors can be customized to meet the specific needs of an application.
- Low maintenance: Vertical Screw Conveyors require minimal maintenance and are easy to clean.
- Cost-effective: Vertical Screw Conveyors are less expensive to install and maintain.
Things to consider when setting up a vertical conveyor system?
- Size of the lumps: Materials with a wide range of particle size or too many big lumps don’t move well in a vertical screw. In general, a vertical screw will work well with material that flows easily and doesn’t break down. On the other hand, material that breaks easily and fine powders that release air often don’t work well in a vertical screw.
- Extremely Dense Material: If a vertical screw is fully loaded and moving quickly, it may not be able to move very dense material that doesn’t compress.
- Abrasive Materials: Due to the high speeds and the fact that the material is in full contact with the screw, abrasive materials can quickly damage parts, wear out seals, and drive parts before they should.
Also Read: Different Types of Idler Rollers
Vertical screw conveyors are an innovative way to make the most of the space. They make it easy to move powdery or granular materials with little effort and at a low cost. With vertical screw conveyors, you can reduce your carbon footprint and increase productivity and efficiency. To know more about vertical screw conveyors contact us at Vishvakarma Equipments today.